Question

Google Calendar Transfer Data - All Day Events have no Start Time or End Time

• 17 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I had found a similar issue in the forums but with no resolution. (The All-day events not transferring to Bigin CRM post specifically, and there was no resolution that worked in the comments)

I am trying to transfer some older appointments from Google Calendar to Google Sheets, I transferred a bunch of appointments over based on a start date filter of 12/31/2023. We only wanted appointments from 2024 to be added to a spreadsheet.

The transfer data seemed to work well, but upon further inspection, no “All Day” events transferred from the calendar (historically)

Real time events that are added or updated are added just fine.

The issue is on the Transfer Data end.

When I filter to find all of the All Day events from 2024, we have about 200+ of them, but all of the start / begin / end dates are empty.

So I have to filter by the created or updated date, but that’s just the the appointment was added or updated on the calendar, not at all tied to the start / end date of the actuai appointments.

I looked at every available date / time option in the “transfer data” section of the zap and can’t find anything that will work for “All day” events. Anything that isn’t an all-day event worked just fine historically.

Seems to be a bug in the way it’s being handled. 

Any ideas on what can be done to fix it? Anything that I have overlooked?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JeffNDPS, welcome to the Community! 🎉

This is most odd as it’s working for the new events that are added/updated in real time so it could well be a bug of some kind. 

Are you able to see the missing date details in the Zap History for previously created all-day events that were transferred incorrectly? 

If so, can you share a screenshot of a Zap run showing the date details that were received from Google Calendar (for an all-day event that was transferred but failed to pass those details over to the spreadsheet)?

And can you also share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Google Sheets action? I’d like to double-check the fields have been selected against the ones that contain the date details for all-day events. I’m wondering if for previously created all-day events the date details might be coming through in a differently named field which might explain why those columns aren’t being filled with the necessary dates. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!