Question

Google Calendar events are created when the booking is created instead of the date of the booking

Userlevel 1

Hi All

I have setup a zap from sheets to calendar for rink booking but it wont put the booking in on the required date but only on the actual timestamp. For example i want to book say on May 1st and am making the booking on April 24 then it puts it in the calendar on April 24 not May 1st. Hop that explains the problem.

Phillip

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Spiderwebb 

Good question.

Please provide screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Spiderwebb 

Make sure to review the “help doc” link below the field.

Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

Regardless of the settings in your Google Calendar, data sent through their API (as Zapier does) must be in MM/DD/YYYY format.
So, if you try to send an event for April 7, 2021 as 07/04/2021, Google Calendar will interpret that as July 4, 2021. The dates need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format to ensure Google Calendar adds the event to the correct date(s).
If your trigger is sending the data in DD/MM format, you can use a Formatter step to reformat the date.

Userlevel 1

Thanks I will give it  a try

Phillip

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Spiderwebb! Were you able to fix your issue with google calendar booking on the wrong date? I’m wondering if maybe there is an issue with the way your zap is mapped since it is pulling the date for when you are making the scheduled event as opposed to the date you want to schedule it on. I’d love to know if you were able to come up with a solution! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Spiderwebb just checking in once more here! Were you able to find success after trying Troy’s solution? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

Userlevel 1

@jesse No still didn't work so we have given up with it and gone back to using the paper booking system. Thanks for trying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Spiderwebb Oh, I am so bummed to hear this! If you’re up for working through this issue, send me a DM. Perhaps we can schedule a quick, one-time Zoom call for this week and get to the bottom of the issue. I am confident we’ll be able to get you out of the paper system and saving time by automating this workflow!

Userlevel 1

@jesse Thanks I will DM you next week as very hectic here this week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Spiderwebb I’ll be looking forward to your message! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Spiderwebb bumping this to see if you still needed help as I haven’t heard from you yet. Let me know!