Question

Google Calendar Event start trigger is delayed

• 17 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I am using a push notification system capped progressier.com to send a push to our devices 60 minutes before event start times in our google calendar. It works great however the push rarely fires on time. It's usually anywhere from 5-15 mins delayed. 

I know zaps only poll around every 15 mins but if these calendar events have existed in the calendar for days in advance shouldn't zap already know about them? Or is it that zaps only run every 15 mins?

I am confused.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @TeddyBerry 

Kindly share a screenshot on how did you configure the Trigger Event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @TeddyBerry , The issues could be because of the polling which checks for events starting after 60 minutes.

I can suggest a solution to this - 

1. In trigger event Increase Time Before to 90 Minutes
  2. So from now on the Zap will trigger around 75 to 90 Minutes before start of the  event
  3. Add a formatter function that deducts calendar start time by 1 Hour. 
  4. Add a delay untill action and use the value from above action. This will make sure the Zap proceeds 60 minutes before start of the event.

Hope this helps!

Okay. I’m going to go step by step and try what you’ve said. I’m new to zapier but I think you were very clear. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @TeddyBerry! 👋

Just wanted to check in to make sure you were able to get this working as jayeshkumarbhatia suggested? Let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this! 🙂