Best answer

Google BigQuery to Slack Zap not detecting new jobs despite successful initial setup.

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have set up a zap for big query to slack to send a notification when a specific job runs and it generates row data. It worked at first but now it’s not finding any new jobs when I can see that they have run in bigquery. 

I have checked the trusted app issue and also checked my IAM access in GCP and nothing seems to get the zap to read any of my queries. Could there be any other blockers?

icon

Best answer by Atcurator 1 November 2023, 08:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Atcurator,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper, could you please confirm if the Zap isn't triggering? Are there any Zap runs in the Zap History?

Please take note that the “Query Job Completed (With Row Data)” is a polling trigger. With a polling trigger, Zapier will request data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.

More about this here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288188429

Please keep me updated!

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your help. I was able to fix the issue over night - it looked like I was calling temporary tables so it was a setup issue my side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @Atcurator! I’m glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗