Best answer

Google BigQuery query runs sometimes do not produce results

• 1 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a simple Zap set up that runs a SQL query that returns a single number (the query is a SELECT COUNT(x) query), and then adds that value to a new row in a GSheet. When I test the GBQ query step, the query runs and produces the expected result. However, when the Zap runs on its scheduled interval, sometimes the GBQ query step in the flow generates this error: 

“Error message: Nothing could be found for the search.”

The query takes about 9 seconds to run in my personal GBQ IDE and only processes ~1 GB of data (so it’s not a huge query by any means), and always runs without any errors. 5 out of the 10 days the Zap has run (once per day is the schedule), the GBQ query step runs successfully, and the other 5 days it has failed with the error message above.

Does anyone know what might be causing that error? Is it the GBQ query timing out or something?

Below is a screenshot of some of the run history:

And here is a screenshot of the error in the GBQ query run step:

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 1 December 2023, 23:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey there!

I’m sorry you’re running into this. This is a known bug in the Google BigQuery integration.

So I have gone ahead and logged your email as a vote for getting it fixed. I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, but we do use these lists when we're working on app updates.

As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

A fix for this has been deployed. I’d be curious to hear about your experience with it