Best answer

Google BigQuery error: Unable to refresh access token: invalid_grant. reauth related error (invalid_rapt)"

• 28 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, Zapier newbie here.

I’m evaluating using Zapier to create an alert system that is triggered off a “Query Job Completed (With Row Data) in Google BigQuery” Trigger.

When I first set this connection up, it was working for about a day, but now every day after, I’m getting an Alert email saying the Zap is having errors where I basically need to reset my connection. 

The error given is:

Trigger partner failure: Unable to refresh access token: invalid_grant. reauth related error (invalid_rapt)

Additionally, when I go to the Apps → Google BigQuery → Connections → Test Connections flow, I get the popup stating:

Error testing connection.

This is all resolved by reconnecting the account through google’s SSO login, but this isn’t really workable long term. Any thoughts if the error is a setting on Google, or if it’s something about Zapier?

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 September 2023, 14:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Does zapier support connecting to BigQuery with a service account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @mtarnghn! Sorry to hear you’re running into this. 😔

I did some digging and it looks like you’re experiencing a known bug with Google BigQuery where the connection seems to be expiring every 12h or so. 😔

While I don’t have an ETA on a fix, I did add you as impacted user. This way you’ll be emailed once a fix is ready. We’ll also be sure to keep the topic updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in the community and welcome! 🙂

I’m experiencing this same issue, which makes Zapier unusable for me… Can you please raise this in priority?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Hyped 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you vial email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hey @jammer.solijon @christina.d - I’m experiencing this issue as well, do you know if it has been fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tomg12345! 👋

I’ve just double-checked and the bug still isn’t fixed yet, sorry for the bad news here. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you’ll definitely be notified as soon as it's been sorted.

Hopefully it’ll be resolved quickly! 🤞

Hi I’m experiencing the same issue here. 

This makes the BigQuery app completely unusable.

Has there been any update or do we have an ETA on the fix?

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Tom - Pillar 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Hopping by with a quick update to share that the bug report for this issue has now been closed. It turns out this issue is caused by the Reauthentication Policy settings in Google Admin console.

To resolve things you can:

• Set Zapier as a Trusted App and then exempt Trusted Apps from reauthentication.
  • Alternatively, you can change the settings to never require reauthentication for any app.

See https://support.google.com/a/answer/9368756 for more details on this. Once you have changed your settings in Google Admin, please reconnect your Google account with Zapier.

If you’re still seeing issues after carrying out the above steps please let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡