Best answer

Google BigQuery error: (ExpiredTokenException) when calling the Invoke operation: The security token included in the request is expired

Hey all, I’m running into a strange “token expired” issue with Google BigQuery.

What I’m doing is sending a new lead/sale to BigQuery to add a row to a database which is used to create real-time reporting.

It’s happening sporadically and the error says:

“An error occurred (ExpiredTokenException) when calling the Invoke operation: The security token included in the request is expired”

Trouble is, it’s not happening for all the Zaps being fired… just some of them and I can’t seem to replay them no matter what I do. Every time I replay it, it stops and an email gets sent to my client.

Some of the things I’ve tried:

1. Replaying the zaps (didn’t work - just stops)
  2. Using the retest feature to manually push the data (can only find 1 of the latest entries… there’s over a dozen)
  3. Refreshing my account with BigQuery by clicking “Test connection” (which says “Test successful! Your auth is working correctly.”) and “Reconnect” (no issues) in the Edit section of the Zap

Any ideas what the problem is? I’ve reached out to one of my developers and to Zapier, but haven’t figured out the issue.

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 September 2023, 15:44

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @timwoo,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it looks like we have been seeing other users running into this issue. As it turns out, what we're seeing is a known bug. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  •  Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I wish I have something better to show you. Let me know how I can assist you further. Always happy to lend a hand. 🤗

Hey @ken.a - thanks for getting back. I appreciate your help. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @timwoo 

You’re welcome! Great to hear that my colleague was able to help!

@ken.a and @Brem is it possible for me to get updates on this issue via email? Would love to know when it’s resolved so I can tell my client about it. Seems to be working at the moment, btw

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @timwoo 

Yes, absolutely! My colleague has added your email address to the report so that you'll get notified once the issue has been fixed.

@ken.a @Brem it seems like I was able to replay the Zaps just now, so it doesn’t look like the issue is still an issue anymore! Cheers. Will update this post if it happens again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @timwoo 

That’s excellent! Please keep us posted if errors occur!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Brem @ken.a ,

Greetings from the other side :)

Recently we have faced same problem regarding ‘Google BigQuery error: (ExpiredTokenException) when calling the Invoke operation: The security token included in the request is expired’

& that happened for some 9-10 Zap runs ( not for all as stated above) , also this is the very first time i have faced such a issue/error since 10 plus month, so I am expecting help from you guys

Please let me know if you guys can help me in resolving this issue , curiously waitin for reply

Thanks and regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Team roopler,

I attempted to add your email address to the open bug report, but it appears that you are already included.

Meanwhile, some users have found success in resolving similar issues by replaying the failed Zap runs. You can find more information about how to replay failed tasks in your Zaps here: https://zapier.com/help/manage/tasks/replay-failed-tasks-in-zaps.

I hope this solution works for you too. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks and have a great day! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 

Just wanted to pop by with a quick update to share that the bug report for this issue has now been closed! It turns out it was caused by a temporary problem on Google’s end which has since been rectified. 🎉🎉🎉

That said, if you find that you’re still seeing these “ExpiredTokenException” errors, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the Community or by reaching out to our Support team. We’re always here and happy to help! 🧡