Best answer

Google Analytics 4 not receiving custom event data sent from Microsoft Dynamics CRM via Zapier.

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m trying to send offline conversion data to GA4 from our Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

We are capturing the GA4 client ID and saving it in our CRM when a user submits a web lead form on our website. That way, when we send this visitor a quote or they make an offline purchase we can push that data into GA4 as an event.

I set up zaps using the “Send Measurement Events for an Application” trigger. The zaps have been successfully tested and have been live for over a week and showing successful zaps.

Unfortunately, when I look at the log of events in GA4 -- I don’t see any records of these custom events. The screenshot below shows that I am trying to send an event titled “weblead_purchase”. In GA4, this event isn’t listed in the events report and no measurements are seen.

Wondering if anyone knows a fix for this!

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 January 2024, 15:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KGib, welcome to the Community. And happy new year to you! 😁🎉 

I took a look at the Google Analytics documentation for events and the examples shown there differ somewhat from what’s in the Events field in your screenshot. I couldn’t see a “weblead_purchase” event but the generate_lead event for example is formatted like this:

ac9a65378868549306869ffc0e0c812b.png
Which makes me wonder if you need to have the "name" and "params" properties referenced more like this:

{
"name": "weblead_purchase",
"params": {
"currency": "USD",
"value": 1048.76
}
}

2eb71123bef2a07081e3a3e5933f82e9.png
But for your case instead of having 1048.76 manually typed into that Events field, you’d select the relevant field from the Microsoft Dynamics app to get the value.

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that works any better?

Userlevel 1

I believe this worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! 🎉 I’m so glad to hear that did the trick @KGib

Please do reach out again if there’s anything else we can help with at all. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 😁⚡