Skip to main content
Question

Gmails being sent from Zapier, but they're all bouncing

• 1 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I currently have a zap set up where after a Stripe payment is completed, it goes through a filter, then an email is sent from gmail. It says the Stripe payment was successful, passes through the filter, and the email sends. However, every email is getting bounced. The email gets sent but then immediately it says the message was blocked. I check my “sent” tab in gmail, and it shows it sent, but the respective receiver never gets the email. Please help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Drew Hopwood 

Make sure a valid email address is being set for the TO field.

Check the suggested Gmail help article: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596

Hi @Drew Hopwood 

Make sure a valid email address is being set for the TO field.

Check the suggested Gmail help article: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596

My team and I have been struggling with this issue, we’ve updated everything we can from the legacy version to the newer ones and double-checked the email addresses and everything is correct. 

• Using the email address data from the trigger (stripe) doesn’t work. 
  • Manually typing the email addresses also doesn’t work either this includes the everything from the main recipient “to” and everyone else in Cc or Bcc. 
  • We have an automation for Notion to Gmail which is somewhat similar. A new item is added, goes through a filter, meets criteria, then sends the email. 
  • The email addresses are all valid, correct/no typos. We’ve had reports about customers not receiving emails about their purchases thru stripe but we thought it was an isolated issue but months after its still happening. 

Is there anything we can do here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Renz,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the issue here issue might be due to the third-party email system blocking the email for some reason. Unfortunately, we don't have any visibility into why they're doing that or how to ensure that the message sent from Gmail is not blocked.

I recommend reaching out to the system that's blocking the message to inquire why they're doing so. For example, there's a possibility that they may be recognizing it as an automated email due to the content in it and have a rule against automated emails. I know this can be frustrating, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.