Question

GMail Zap: The app returned "Access Denied".

• 11 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

So we’ve had three Zaps running for awhile:

• Notify Slack when a PandaDoc document is completed
  • Put PandaDoc document in GDrive when completed
  • GMail PandaDoc document to billing when completed

For some reason, the GMail Zap just started erroring one day - The app returned "Access Denied". This started happening around July 19th, after working for months. Then, yesterday, we turned it off and on and it pushed through a few holds, but still a bunch of errors. Even when the GMail Zap was failing, the Slack and GDrive Zaps that were linked to it never failed. When I try to replay these 16 Zap runs, they give me an error, and then the Zap turns itself off. If I try to replay one Zap run at a time, it just errors with the same message. The GMail connection tests out just fine, and the PandaDocs are properly being broadcast in Slack and sent to the GDrive.

Any ideas? I suppose I could just deal with these manually - download them, whatever - but I just want to make sure this isn’t a larger issue.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Operations 

Good question.

Can you post a screenshot with the encountered error to give us proper context?

Userlevel 1

I’m getting the same issue.

When testing the connection with the test button, it works fine. Still getting this error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeviM and @Operations 

If you have a Zapier paid plan, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help