Question

Gmail Zap step is showing 403 error

• 8 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

We have a Zap step where we send an email with some photos attached from our job management platform “ServiceM8”

We are getting an intermittent problem whereby the email is failing with a 403 error code. Please see screenshot attached. The bit that is confusing is that its an intermittent fault, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mitchell Zezima 

I believe it would be due to the attachment size (hence, why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't). 

How big was the attachment in that email? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey Mitchell!

Since it’s intermittent, the first thing I would want to know is what would happen if you go into the Zap History for the failed runs and try replaying them. 

You can find information on manually replaying Zap Runs here.

If the replay at least sometimes is success, then you might want to turn on autoreplay on those Zaps. That is also described in the help section.

If the replay for those tasks never works, then it might require some more investigation.

Let us know how that replay goes!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi thanks for your responses.

I have added a 5 minute wait step before sending the email to see if that works (to give it time for the photos to be uploaded onto the server).

Is there a way of setting a condition where it will send the email without the attachments if it fails?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Mitchell!

Since it’s intermittent, the first thing I would want to know is what would happen if you go into the Zap History for the failed runs and try replaying them. 

You can find information on manually replaying Zap Runs here.

If the replay at least sometimes is success, then you might want to turn on autoreplay on those Zaps. That is also described in the help section.

If the replay for those tasks never works, then it might require some more investigation.

Let us know how that replay goes!

Hi Shalgrim, 

Since adding a 5 minute time delay we are still getting the same error. 

I replayed the failed Zap around 1 hour later and it worked! There is 6 attachments on the email all are under 1MB each.

Is there a way of getting the zap to auto re run if it fails?

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Yep! In the Zap History for that Zap, just go ahead and click on the Autoreplay button: https://cdn.zappy.app/faf78efc3e964e7a8ea47d7b110e9757.png