Question

Gmail Zap issue: changes in "Body" of text revert to original when testing/publishing.

• 5 September 2023
  • 4 replies

When I edit the ‘Body’ of text when using ‘Send email in Gmail’ it doesn’t recognise the edit and reverts to what was there before I changed it.

The only change I am making is replacing one series of 2-3 links to Youtube videos with another.

e.g

Athlete 1 YOUTUBE LINK

Athlete 2 YOUTUBE LINK

Athlete 3 YOUTUBE LINK

with the same text but different links.

I copy the text and links from a Google Doc and paste straight over the existing text.

It reverts to the original links as soon as I press ‘continue’ which moves to the test/publish level.

I have 8 Zaps that this issue is affecting that use 2 different Gmail accounts. It doesn’t happen every time or with only some Zaps and not others. It can be different between different paths within the same Zap. I have tried duplicating 2 of the Zaps and the problem persists BUT not with exactly the same paths!

The problem started last time I edited the Zaps which was around the middle of August. I’ve not had the problem in prior months with these Zaps.

There are other steps within these Zaps but I don’t think they are relevant to the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RESULTS inc 

Good question.

Try using a new/different private browser to edit the Zap.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve tried 3 different browsers but the issue persists.

However, after some experimentation I’ve found that if I add (by typing or copy+paste) text AFTER the existing text there is no problem. If I try to type or copy+paste within the existing text the problem occurs.

I’ve deleted the existing text. Put it back in and the same thing occurs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @RESULTS inc! 👋

I did some checking internally here but couldn’t see any bug reports for the Gmail app matching this behaviour. It seems like it could well be a bug you’re running into here, so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to have this investigated further.

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution at this time. If you are able to get to the bottom of this with the Support team please do let us know, keen to know exactly what’s causing this! 

Thanks @SamB 

I’ve sent them a message with the above details. It seems such a quirky problem!