Best answer

Gmail to SmartSheet: Adding Multiple Attachments to a row instead of a Single Attachment

• 30 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone

I’m creating a Zap that adds a row to SmartSheet from every new email I receive. Additionally, I want all attachments attached with the email to be added to the same row on SmartSheet.

I’ve successfully added the email to the row and connected the email to add attachments, but I’m not able to add all attachments from the email even though the Zap is successfully running. The Zap will add the first attachment and call it a day. 

If anyone had any suggestions on how to make the Zap add all attachments to the SmartSheet row, I would appreciate it! Thanks!! 

Example Below:

• New Email with 5 attachments 
    • Row Gets Successfully Copied onto SmartSheet 
    • 1 attachment added to same row 
      • Zap Finished 

*The Zap does not automatically loop back to check if all attachments have been added to the SmartSheet row. Additionally, if I run the Zap twice(manually or automatically), the same 1 attachment will be added to the same row. 

icon

Best answer by ZappinAndy 31 August 2022, 02:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @Navin, since emails could have a varying number of attachments, I might recommend setting up your Zap to…

• create the row
  • then use an Add Attachment to Row step for each attachment

Add attachment to Row is designed to only upload one attachment each time it runs, But if you use a Looping by Zapier step before it, you can tell your Zap to run the attachment step once for each attachment in the email.

https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/loop-your-zap-actions