Skip to main content
Question

Gmail error: The app returned "Invalid id value"

• 6 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to create a Zap that replies to a customer sending a New Squarespace Form. I integrated both Squarespace and Gmail successfully. I am using the template to answer a Squarespace Form. I think there is an error either with the “trigger” (Squarespace: New Submission Form) or the "reply to” field as it is replying to a demo_zapier@squarespace.com rather than a customer submiting a new form. To be clear, the form is for a quote, but all quotes are the same, so I just want to reply to everyone submitting a quote with the same answer, but only for the first submission (not remainder of the email exchange with that person). 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mariachi 

For us to have more context, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with any encountered errors.

Thanks for taking a look Troy. I think the issue is that the Zap-Gmail flow need a “thread” to reply to, but since this is a flow triggered by a new form / thread / email, there is no thread yet. Here are the prints, which may show in reverse order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Mariachi,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like the issue here is in the “Thread” field. The “Thread” field looks for the Thread ID. You will need to add a “Find Email” step and mapping the Thread ID from the “Find Email” step to the “Thread” field as a custom value of the “Reply to Email” step.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mariachi! 👋

Just checking in to see how things are going on this - were you able to get it fixed by selecting the Thread ID as Ken suggested? 

Eager to help get things up and running here so please let us know if you need any further help here at all! 🙂