Best answer

Gmail connection: Access blocked

• 3 January 2024
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Any idea how and where to troubleshoot this connection block on the Google admin side of things?

Access blocked: Your institution’s admin needs to review Zapier
You can't access this app until an admin at your institution reviews and configures access for it. If you need access to this app,
Error 400: access_not_configured

For some context, the “institution” is a bsns organization I support.  We recently added a .org Google organization workspace to complement the .com services & operations.  The .org is an online shool - so possibly there are some tighter restrictions for third-partry apps, but I can’t even find where to apprve the request I sent :( 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mixelpix 3 January 2024, 18:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mixelpix 

Did you try asking ChatGPT for help with the G Workspace Admin permissions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Looks like the Google Workspace Admin pathway is

Google Admin::Security > API Controls > App Access Control

Find the app request in the list and it’s pretty straightfwd from there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone those are completely non helpful replies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix

So the ChatGPT guidance wasn’t helpful?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone which part of:

those are completely non helpful replies.

are you having trouble understanding?

Thanks for the effort, but you may as well have responded with a link to “Let Me Google That For You.”

It is condescending, and for the third time now, completely non helpful.

Feel free to never reply to my posts here again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix 

Trying to help people become self-sufficient and save time with their troubleshooting, which is why I recommended ChatGPT because it is an amazing resource that people may not think about to use.

I’m honestly curious because the feedback provided from ChatGPT (that I shared in the screenshot with you) seems to match what you shared as the solution.

It seems like that was indeed helpful feedback for your topic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone no one cares about your thoughts on ChatGPT.  You didn’t answer the question, nor did OpenAI, and this thread is already resolved.  You are abusing this forum for your own self-promotion spam.  Stop it - it is pathetically desperate.  Never contact nor reply to me again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix 

I still feel like there is a disconnect with the feedback provided and how it was interpreted by you.

You said:

Yet, I provided the same answer with the help of ChatGPT (really no different than doing a Google search).

How is that not providing helpful resources to help answer your question?

Are you seeing and reading the posted screenshots with the guidance from ChatGPT? (maybe that’s missing)

Posting as text for others that may come across this topic:

In G Suite (now known as Google Workspace), including Gmail, access to third-party applications like Zapier can be controlled by administrators through the G Suite admin console. To adjust the settings and allow access to Zapier, you need to contact your G Suite administrator and have them follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the G Suite Admin Console: The G Suite administrator should sign in to their G Suite Admin Console using their administrator account. The URL for accessing the Admin Console is usually https://admin.google.com.

2. Navigate to Security Settings: Once logged in, the administrator should navigate to "Security" or "Security settings." The exact location may vary depending on your organization's setup, but it is typically found under the "Apps" or "Security" section.

3. Access Control: Under Security Settings, look for an option related to "Access Control" or "API Permissions." This is where you can manage access to third-party applications.

4. Manage Third-Party Apps: Within the Access Control or API Permissions section, the administrator should find a list of third-party apps that have requested access. Zapier should be listed here with a status of "Blocked."

5. Approve Zapier Access: The administrator can select Zapier from the list and approve its access. They may need to review and configure the permissions and access level for Zapier, depending on your organization's policies.

6. Save Changes: After configuring the access settings for Zapier, the administrator should save the changes.

7. Notify Users: Once Zapier's access has been approved, the administrator should notify the users who were previously blocked from accessing it that they can now use Zapier.

8. Test Access: Users can now try accessing Zapier again. They should no longer see the message about blocked access.

Please note that the specific steps and options may vary based on your organization's G Suite settings and the version of Google Workspace you are using. If you are not the administrator, you should reach out to your IT department or the person responsible for managing G Suite within your organization to perform these actions on your behalf.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone just stop.  you are only embarassing yourself now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix

Best of luck with your Zaps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone get over yourself

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mixelpix 🫡

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Troy Tessalone 🤡

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mixelpix and @Troy Tessalone 👋

Looks like things got a bit heated in this thread! 🔥 In the interest of maintaining a positive and respectful environment, in future please refrain from re-engaging in such debates. Instead, consider stepping away from situations that seem to be escalating to avoid adding more fuel to the fire.

I’ve closed this thread to new replies to prevent any further escalation here. If you have any Zap related questions or concerns, please feel free to start a new thread

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in fostering a positive community environment. Let's continue to engage in discussions with respect and support for one another. 🙂