Question

Ghost-Medium // Error parsing response

• 5 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I’m trying to set up the integration Ghost - Medium. Sometimes it works sometimes not. If not, there is the same error every time:

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Semast,

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried replaying the failed run of your Zap? Check out this helpful article we have on replaying errored runs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989

Keep us posted! 😊

Hi there @Semast,

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried replaying the failed run of your Zap? Check out this helpful article we have on replaying errored runs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989

Keep us posted! 😊

I can do it of course but there is no sense to replay zap manually every time I have such error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Semast I certainly understand that point of view. 

Can you please tell us a bit more about when you encounter these errors? Do you notice any patterns such as an influx of data or after a # of runs? 

Another thing that will be beneficial in us getting this resolved is any screenshots you may be able to provide of your Zap setup? Of course, please omit any personal or identifying information when posting! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Semast!

I dug into this a bit and haven’t found anything super conclusive. I see an error message that indicates we received a 429 HTTP response from Medium.

The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting").

Source.

Do you by any chance have multiple Zaps trying to do the same thing with Medium? 

@Semast I certainly understand that point of view. 

Can you please tell us a bit more about when you encounter these errors? Do you notice any patterns such as an influx of data or after a # of runs? 

Another thing that will be beneficial in us getting this resolved is any screenshots you may be able to provide of your Zap setup? Of course, please omit any personal or identifying information when posting! 

To be honest, there is nothing to say more :) We post around 2-4 articles a week and sometimes we have such error. No pattern no regularity nothing.

Screenshot:

Hi @Semast!

I dug into this a bit and haven’t found anything super conclusive. I see an error message that indicates we received a 429 HTTP response from Medium.

The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting").

Source.

Do you by any chance have multiple Zaps trying to do the same thing with Medium? 

Nope, I have only 1 zap at all :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Semast,

It looks like you may be encountering a rate-limiting error on Medium's end which should be temporary. One troubleshooting step you can try is to recreate the Zap to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted! 😊