Best answer

Getting “file/folder not found” error when exporting a file from one Dropbox folder into another

• 8 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I have a folder that I export documents to from an electronic notebook.  I then want the files in that export folder to be moved to another Dropbox folder.  I keep getting the “file/folder not found” error. How do I accomplish this?

icon

Best answer by SHarris 15 August 2022, 21:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @SHarris 

Make sure you have selected proper dropbox folder to test your trigger. If it still shows no file is found, then manually add a file to that folder and then test, it should give you the test file in the trigger step.

Badge +3

Hi @SHarris,

Thank you for using the Zapier Community! Here to help! 

The 'File/Folder Not Found' error when moving a file to a new folder when using the 'Move File in Dropbox' action can be caused due to one or more of the following:

• The Folder itself has been deleted from Dropbox
  • The mapped field is something other than the Path: field. 

Does that point you in the right direction? Let me know your thoughts! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SHarris 

Firstable i highly recommend you to search for the folder you want to move your files to, by writing the beginning of its name (or its full name):

You’ll then get all the infos:

Next you’ll be able to move your file to the folder by using the “path” property of previous search step:

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @SHarris ,

Just checking in to see if you were able to find the cause for the error and solve it?

Let us know if you still need help or how you fixed the Zap 🙂

Hello, I have found the fix for the error.  I needed to reconnect the folder from Dropbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know, @SHarris