Question

GCal Start and end date not coming through

I am using Zap to create tasks in clickup.

The calendar I'm using has events with start and end dates. which it appears during testing to work correctly. Once I run the Zap the event titles and descriptions come through but no start or end data has come through.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hamildub 

Good question.

Please clarify which GCal Zap trigger you are using with screenshots and examples of the returned data, thanks.

I am using the new event trigger. but actual just trying to transfer the whole calendar with the “transfer existing data” function. 

see screens below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Hamildub! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗 

You’re right! Zapier will only support new events taking place after the zap was turned on. Can you clarify what you mean by “transfer existing data” function?

Regarding the dates, I wonder if Google is sending the date in a format ClickUp doesn’t like. Here’s a similar thread that may help:

And then it looks like we have the reverse here but essentially giving the same recommendation of needing to use a Formatter step to get the date formatted correctly:

And finally a helpful article on working with dates/time fields in Formatter:

I hope some of this helps! 🧡

Re: Transfer existing data 

So far formatting doesn’t seem to have any impact. I was trying to use this tool as a one off to save time but ultimately have spent more time than just manually transferring my work, which appears to be the most sane option at this time. thank you for your input/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ahh, gotcha - took me a sec to catch up! Thanks for sharing that!

It looks like you’re using Transfer by Zapier, which does work with historical data and is separate from a zap  - apologies for sending over the Formatter links which would be geared more towards a zap setup. 🙈

That said, I think you’re running into a bug with Transfer and Google Calendar. 😔

Out of curiosity do the events in GCal have a time component associated with them? As in they have a Start/End Date and Time? If they don’t, we’ve identified that as part of the bug and there’s a few more steps we’ll need to take to get the proper fields mapped. You can find that here.

If they do have a time component, I think using the "Event Begins" and "Event Ends" fields should hopefully map correctly:

If you’ve already moved everything over manually or this doesn’t feel like a great time investment, I absolutely understand though!

Either way, thanks for coming to community and being willing to give Zapier a shot! Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback - we’re always happy to help.