Best answer

Freshdesk "find_ticket_by_id" dont work. It always show the last created Ticket. HELP :)

• 10 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. I use the Freshdesk “find_ticket_by_id” and i always get the details of the last created Ticket - and not the Ticket details from the “ID” i am searching for. Maybe someone can help, why this is so. 

In this case, i enter the ticket ID: 2 and the response is for ticket ID: 4

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 April 2023, 16:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Ege_Aksungur,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it appears that you're not the only one experiencing this issue. We've discovered that Freshdesk is currently only returning the latest ticket on this particular action step, rather than searching for what you need.

Our team has already filed a bug report with Freshdesk for this issue, and I've added your email address to the list of affected users. While we don't have an exact timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, we'll make sure to keep you updated via email as soon as we have any updates.

If you'd like, you could also reach out to Freshdesk directly about this bug, as hearing from customers often helps prioritize the issue.

I understand that this isn't an immediate solution, but I hope that this information provides some context on why the issue is occurring and reassures you that we're actively working towards a resolution.

I wish I have something better to show you. Let us know how we can assist you further. Always happy to lend a hand.

Hey, thanks for the fast response. 

I can search for the Ticket-ID via Custom Webhook from Zapier. The Problem is, that when i (or in future a customer) enter a Ticket ID that don't exist, the Webhook will give out a “Error” in the Zap and the next Steps will not trigger. 

Do you have any idea, how i can use the Webhook and will get a “true” or “false”, when the value is correct or not correct?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Ege_Aksungur

Hopping in to see if I can help.

Here are some resources that may be helpful:

If you are running into feature limitations, you could take a look at our blog post here:

To be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API you send a request to will have slightly different structures that are required.

Hopefully this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.