Question

Frequent BigQuery Authentication

• 15 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I created a zap which reads data from Google BigQuery. The BigQuery connector is requiring me to re-authenticate every day (it seems to last 12hrs) otherwise the zap fails. It’s not sustainable for me to authenticate every day. Is there a way to change the authentication expiration?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @makingweb, welcome to the Community! 😁

Sorry to hear of the troubles with Google BigQuery here! I found a bug report for a similar issue where the Google BigQuery account connection expires if the Google account isn’t logged into for a while. But the bug report doesn’t mention that the account expires every 12 hours so I’m not 100% certain that this is the same bug that’s affecting you here. Have you logged into your Google BigQuery account recently - separately from logging in to reconnect the account via Zapier?

If not can you try logging in and confirm whether that then allows the connection to persist for longer than 12 hours?

If you’ve logged in recently but it still expires then it’s likely a different issue. Looking at Google BigQuery’s API documentation it states the following possible reasons for token expiry:

A refresh token might stop working for one of these reasons:

Do you just have one Zap that’s using the connection to Google BigQuery or are there multiple Zaps using the same connection? You can verify this by checking the number of Zaps using the connection from the Apps page in your Zapier account.

If there’s only one Zap connected, do you think any of the above reasons might be behind the frequent expiration of the authentication token? If not, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team as they’ll be able to investigate the authentication logs for the Zap to better determine what the cause of the issue is. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Looking forward to hearing from you!