Skip to main content

I'm using a Zapier template to forward Gmail to Slack.
When the email I'm forwarding has an attachment and the file name contains Japanese characters, the Japanese characters are removed from the attachment name forwarded to Slack.
For example, if the original attachment name is "xxxxxABCDE.txt" (where xxxxx is Japanese characters), the attachment name forwarded to Slack will be "ABCDE.txt".
Is there any good way to do this? I'm using the free plan for Zapier.
As I'm a beginner, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask a question, but I'd appreciate your help.

Hi @tom_tom_,

Welcome to the community. Unfortunately, as of now, Zapier's Free Plan does not support the handling of non-ASCII characters in file names during file transfer. This is likely the reason why the Japanese characters are being removed from the file names when forwarded to Slack. You may consider to upgrade to one of the premium plans and contact Zapier support to verify before upgrading.

Sorry for the late response.
Thank you for your detailed explanation.
I will consider getting the premium plan.

Hi @tom_tom_,

I apologize for the confusion. I don't believe your Zapier plan is related to the issue you're experiencing.

Could you please provide a full screenshot of your Slack action step setup, showing all the fields? This will help me investigate the issue more closely.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Thank you for reaching out.
I've attached a screenshot of my action step settings.
Is there any other information you need?
Thanks in advance.

1/3

2/3

3/3

Hi @tom_tom_,

Based on the information you've shared, it seems that your Zap setup is correct. The issue you're experiencing may be due to a bug. I suggest contacting our Support Team to report this bug.

You can reach our Support Team at https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

Additionally, you can include the link to this conversation in your bug report to ensure that our Support Team is aware of the troubleshooting steps that have been taken.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have contacted our support engineering team about this issue and they are currently investigating it, and I will keep you updated on any progress.

Hi @tom_tom_,

It seems that our Support Team has created a bug report for this issue. I suggest keeping an eye on our email for any updates regarding the bug report.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.