Skip to main content
Question

FormCrafts to Dropbox: Failed to create file in Dropbox error.

• 2 November 2023
  • 5 replies

This post was split from topic: 

I have the same issue with formcrafts

I have two steps in my zap, the first one takes response ID from formcrafts response and creates a dummy file in a given Dropbox location and when the second step runs to upload images from formcrafts response to the same Dropbox location I get the following error 

This is the filename, the URL is public accessible by anyone

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @vahanyoh,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I moved your reply to a new post. I hope you don’t mind!

This might be a small hiccup with Dropbox. Have you tried skipping the action test by clicking on the “Skip test” button and then publishing the Zap? After publishing the Zap, could you please try doing a live test run and check the Zap History to see if it’ll run into the same error?

Please keep me updated! 

Hello @ken.a no problem at all in moving the reply to a new post. yes I have tried skipping the test and publishing the zap and running it but still same results

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @vahanyoh,

Thanks for the update!

Could you please confirm if the mapped data on the “File” field of the “Upload File” action is a direct download URL and publicly accessible?

For you to be able to send files via a Zap, the files needs to be a direct download URL or a file object and it needs to be publicly accessible.

More about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

Please keep me posted! 

Hello @ken.a 

Yes I confirm that it is a public URL and downloadable. I was able to use the same URL on different machines where I am not logged in to formcrafts and download the file

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the additional information @vahanyoh!

You might be running into a bug here. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue so that they can take a closer look at the Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the error.

You can reach out to our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you for your patience and understanding.