Skip to main content
Question

Formatting Dates in Tables

• 26 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I have uploaded a CSV file to create my Table .  I made all of my fields in the Table text.  Here is clip of several of the dates:

The arrow points to the “T” for text files.  Note that my original dates from the CSV file are in the MM-DD_YYYY format, but they come over or upload as DD-Month-YY.  This is problematic because you cannot order the dates correctly (ascending/ descending) when they are in the DD-month-YY format.  Also, note the dates are Aug 20 and Aug 21. 

So what did I do?  I changed the field format to a Date Field and made the format my preferred format of MM-DD-YYYY.  See this snippet:

The red arrow points to the DATE format.  The entries are in the correct format of MM-DD-YYYY; HOWEVER, there is an issue and it happens with every entry.  What is the issue?  When doing the conversion the date loses one day; the entries are now Aug 20 and Aug 19.  All of the entries have lost a single day.  

This is problematic.  I note there is another unresolved question in this forum regarding this very same issue.  I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this issue.

I would say this is a very important issue because most tables begin with the Date of Submission column.  Any help / guidance is welcomed.  Formatting is a huge issue when working with Tables; it is inconsistent and unpredictable.

For the record, I also created a Table that already at had the correct date format and I uploaded dates in the MM-DD-YYYY which is the format the filed was already in and each uploaded date loses 1 day upon upload.  This is problematic I think.  

Thanks; hope we can find a fix soon.

Hi there @blueguy,

I recommend reporting this to our Zapier Tables team so that they can investigate this formatting issue further.

You can contact our Zapier Tables team here: https://npsup.zapier.app/contact-us?product=Tables&feedback=Bug

I appreciate your patience and understanding.