Question

Formatting date from Typeform to Word Document via Zapier and Plumsail - duplicate issue!

• 9 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello there!

I am using Zapier to collect Typeform entries, then send them to Plumsail to create a word document, prefilled with user inputs from Typeform.

The date format in Typeform is DD/MM/YYYY but I want it to read DD Month YYYY (e.g, 09 January 2024) when it sends to Plumsail.

I have followed the tutorial here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496257974029-Modify-date-and-time-formats-in-Zaps

However, in my final word document output I am getting both the DD/MM/YYYY format, followed immediately by the DD Month YYYY format.

How do I get this to only show the new formatted date DD Month YYYY?

Many thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @Ryan Ge. Welcome to the Community! 🎉 

That’s very odd. Are there two fields (one from Typeform and the other from Formatter) containing a date selected in the action that creates the document? If so, that might be what’s causing both formats of the date to be added to the document. 

Can you take a look in the Start Process (Plumsail Documents) action of your Zap to confirm whether that’s the case? If it is, can you remove the Typeform field that’s been selected and let us know if that then allows the date to be added in the correct format?

And if that doesn’t sort it please can you share a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected in the Action section of that Start Process action? That’ll allow us to see if there’s anything else on the setup there that might be causing an issue with the dates. Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you!