Skip to main content
Best answer

Formatter Error

• 9 August 2024
  • 4 replies

I need to change the format for a form from , to ; which is super simple. I’ve done it on numerous other Zaps but for some reason today it’s not working on my new Zap. I even tried copying my old zap and changing the Input but it’s still spitting the result back with commas.

The output looks the same as when I had it working on my other Zaps but for some reason when I go to add the field for the Salesforce results it reverts back to commas.

Format with output

When I try to pull the formatted output it comes back with the comma again and then I get an error because of the way Salesforce reads for Picklist items.

Hi @Donato4 

Help links for using Salesforce in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Select more than one value from the dropdown field

If you have a multi-select pick list field in Salesforce then you can select multiple items by using semicolon character ; between them.

Alternatively if you're passing data from a previous step, you can use Formatter to create a string with ; as the separator.

Hi @Donato4 👋

Just wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on with this. Were you able to sort it by following Troy’s suggestion of separating the items with a semi-colon?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please let us know if you need any further help at all! 🙂

I figured out what happened. It was my error. I had the Salesforce field as Picklist instead of Picklist multi-select so that’s why the Zapier formatter wasn’t working properly

That’s awesome @Donato4! Thank you for looping back with an update here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗