Best answer

Formatter Date Problem

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear Community,

hope you can help. I am struggeling:)

I would say that i am really fit in zapier.

Situation:

I have one zap (docusign to my email Software - Klicktipp.) Docusign includes a date field, where my clients fill in a start date for their contract. Time is UTC+1 in the format dd/mm/yyyy.

Problem:

I try to give this information further to my email software (because the campaign starts at this date) but i am getting an error, because the email software likes to have the date in the x format. If i use the formatter in zapier the date output is everytime 1.1.2022 and so not right. Its not important if i use xformat, normal dd/mm/yyyy or what else. The date output in the formatter is wrong. 

I do not find a solution. Hope you can help.

Cheers Felix

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 7 September 2022, 13:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @felixthoe , 

Can you please post a screenshot for the formatter step? The steps you should have are: 

1. Event = Date / Time
  2. Transform = Format
  3. Input = Output from the form step
  4. To Format = X (its the last option)
  5. To Timezone = Timezone you want to send 
  6. From Format = dd/mm/yyyy
  7. From Timezone = Europe/Lisbon

This is a great resource to use in order to get familiar more with the Formatter by Zapier modifying Dates https://zapier.com/help/create/format/modify-date-and-time-formats-in-zaps 

Let me know if this works for you :) 

Userlevel 1

Dear @MohSwellam thanks for your answer. This helped already a lot. I am very thankfull.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My pleasure @felixthoe 

If your problem is solved please mark the reply as Answer :)