Skip to main content
Best answer

Folder creation in OneDrive always causes 'root' Error

Hey, since a couple of weeks we face an error in our zap that does the following

1. Get new entry in typeform (works)
  2. find and edit values in Salesforce (works)
  3. create a folder-structure in OneDrive (causes the problem)
  4. upload documents into the folder

The problem is, that since a couple of weeks I get the following error: 

OneDrive - The app returned “Resource not found for the segment ‘root:’.” 

So I adopted the Zap a bit so that in testing it works now. The weird thing is, when published it doesn´t work - when I replay the Zap manually in the Error mode, it works again with the real data. But only when replaying the Zap. 

Now I will describe the actions that should happen: 

The OneDrive step is set up like this:
1. Find or Create Folder

1. Create a Subfolder: Thats where the Error is caused the first time:
    Here I use the folderpath from the step before. But then the before described ‘root’ Error happens but ONLY in published version. In testing AND in Error - manual run Zap again mode it works. 
  2. create a subfolder in the subfolder:
    I think here I have the same problem. Before I only used the Folder Path from the parent folder but that always gave me the ‘root’ error, when I recunstruct the folder path with the folder path outcome from step 1 and then add a / and the order number from salesforce, in testing it works.

But in published the Zap never runs until here. 

As I thought the reason could be that the OneDrive folders are not created fast enough before the Zap tries to find the folder for creating a Subfolder, I inserted delay steps of 1 min each: 

It didn´t solve the problem, but in the Error - replay Zap mode, the zap runs without problems.

Does anyone know what to do? ​​​​​​​

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sascha_zolar! 👋 

It didn´t solve the problem, but in the Error - replay Zap mode, the zap runs without problems.

Hmm, if it’s able to replay the action successfully I wonder if those Delay actions might just need to be increased by an additional minute or so to give OneDrive’s API enough time to catch up with the changes. Can you try increasing the delays to see if that sorts it?

Keen to help get this sorted so please keep us updated on how that goes! 🙂

We’re having the same issue!

Wondering if this was resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MikaylaN,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the OneDrive action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey! So I solved this problem. It seems that the folder path function from Zapier is not working in published mode. It was possible by creating the path “manually”. The last 10 runs were successful :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Sascha_zolar! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Great! I’ll mention another fix here in case someone is seeking it. because we had a similar issue with our Zap.

We had the same actions set up and the same issue (it randomly stopped working). But it was related to creating a folder within a folder.

Fixed it by changing it to a shared folder, then found the itemID and driveID. In Zapier these are labelled as ‘ID’ and ‘Parent Reference Drive Id’.

It’s been working with no problems since.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! Fantastic work on that, @MikaylaN 🙌 Thank you so much for taking the time to share details of how you solved things here, we really appreciate it. 

Seems like everyone is all set for now but if anything changes on that front do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡