Skip to main content
Question

Flodesk error: “The "segments.0" must be a valid "[ObjectId]"!”

• 6 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to set up an action to add a new subscriber from Stanstore into Flodesk. When I set up the action, my segment list from Flodesk is not populating even though segements exist in Flodesk. I even tried manually typing out the name of the segment from Flodesk and the test keeps failing with “The "segments.0" must be a valid "iObjectId]"!” 

Any help is appreciated!

Hi @alreadytiredtomorrow, welcome to the Community! 

Ah, when selecting the custom value option for a dropdown field you’ll need to enter the ID for the option, not it’s name. You can find out more about that here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps.

That said, should the new subscribers be added to the same segment in Flodesk or is this determined by some value that’s obtained from the Stan app? 

If it’s the same every time, is it still erroring when a different segment is selected from the dropdown menu on the Segment field?

If it’s different every time, and the segment is determined by a value the Zap received from Stan, then you’ll likely need to add a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action to convert that value into the relevant ID for the segment. The segment ID should appear directly under the name of the segment in the list of available segments in the dropdown menu (in the Segment field). Do you think that could work? If so and you’re not familiar with lookup tables you can find out more about them here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 🙂