Skip to main content
Best answer

Firebase/Firestore: "Unable to verify that your connection has access to the Firebase/Firestore project" error

• 6 September 2023
  • 30 replies

Sorry to hear you’re now running into a 404 error here, @Fsl.  

I did some checking and it looks like we’ll sometimes see a 404 when the account connection to Firebase/Firestore was added with the Project ID and it needs to use the RTDB (Realtime Database) Project ID instead. 

Can you reconnect your app account and use the projectId in the following format: projectId-default-rtdb. For example, if your projectId was project123 you’d use: project123-default-rtdb

After it’s reconnected with the RTDB Project ID, could you try pulling in a new test record and confirm whether that works?

Hi, I have used this new format and the connection is failing. 

“Unable to verify that your connection has access to the Firebase/Firestore project "edexia-default-rtdb””

Hi @nutrion,

Are you encountering any error messages when executing your Zap? Please post a screenshot of your Zap history along with the error message so we can determine which direction to direct you to resolve your issue. We’ll be looking forward for your response. Thanks.

Hi @JammerS, once I reauthenticate everything runs smoothly. Then, after some hours (perhaps 24?) I get an email saying there are issues with my Zap, and to reauthenticate.

Here’s the requested screenshot of my Zap history:

The error code is 400: invalid grant.

Here’s an older screenshot showing that Zap did successfully run at some point, then started erroring again.

Thank you for your support on this issue.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots here, @nutrion 👋

I reached out to the team about this and they’ve re-opened the bug report. You’ve been added to it so you’ll get a notification as soon as it’s been fixed.

In the meantime, the account connection would still need to be manually reconnected. Very sorry about that. Really appreciate everyone’s patience on this, I do hope it can be resolved soon! 🤞

Thank you @SamB, hoping this gets resolved soon.

You are most welcome @nutrion! 🤗

If there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime please do let us know!