Question

Find Folders action in Google Drive; unable to find folders nested "deep" in my Google Drive Tree

• 28 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have a Google Drive where that has a structure similar to this: 

1. Company 1 
    1. Folder 1
    2. Folder 2 
    3. Folder 3 
      1. Sub-Folder 1 
      2. Sub-Folder 2 
      3. Sub-Folder 3
      4. Sub-Folder 4 

And so forth….

Files are always coming into the Google Drive and this more or less serves as trigger.  Once a file arrives in the Drive, we start to look for the proper folder to place the file.  The files are named consistently such that it looks like this: Patient Name_Folder Name_Date of submission.  Thus the file name essentially has the folder name embedded in it.  So I know both the file name and destination folder name where that file goes. 

My issue is that I am searching for a folder and it returns a folder that is similar….see in image #1, this is the name of the folder I am searching for:

This is the folder that is returned:

Note that the name of the folder I am looking for in not the name of the folder that was returned; it is close but it is not the one that I am looking for.  This is a “successful” result!

Thanks for the help!! If anyone can….

GML

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @blueguy,

It looks like you already reached out to our Support team regarding this question. Here’s their latest response:

I took a look at the Zap, and it looks like you have already managed to make a Workaround. Looking at the Zap, it looks like it is now working as intended.

As a possible workaround to make the whole field fully dynamic is by using the Formatter by Zapier.

I recommend continuing the conversation with our Support team so that they can take a closer look at the Zap and its logs.

Thank you for your understanding!