Best answer

Find Dropbox Folder always returns false - even when folder exists

• 5 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Has anyone had this issue with the Find Folder action in Dropbox?

I’m in the middle of testing a Zap and I have an action in step 2 (Step 1 is a email parser trigger). This executes a Find Folder in Dropbox action. 

I have it set to return “success” even if the folder isn’t found because I have a Path in step 3 that will dictate what to do next.

The problem is that my step two action always returns false -- even when the folder exists.

Subsequently, my path step takes the branch that thinks it has to create the folder -- which it does by adding the ‘(1)’ suffix on the end of the folder name.

So what am I missing? How do I get the Find Folder in Dropbox action to return true when the folder already exists?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 March 2021, 16:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JeffB 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Make sure you’ve specified the parent folder to search within...see instructions underneath the field.

FYI...

Do you support Team folders (Dropbox for Business)?

At the moment, we don't support Team folders, but we do have it as a feature request. To add your interest, contact support and we can notify you if and when we are able to add this to the Dropbox integration.

Userlevel 2
Badge
FInd the Folder

Search found is true, or…

​​​
Serach found is false

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JeffB 

Try removing the leading /

Userlevel 2
Badge

That did the trick! Wooo hooo! Live and learn.

Thank you, sir!