Question

Find a worksheet with dynamic fields for new files added to a specific folder in Google Drive

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,
I’m trying to copy the worksheet of new files added to a specific folder in Google drive.

For the action of copying to take place I need to define the worksheet name, which I don’t have, so I added the find worksheet action and have added the dynamic fields from the New file in folder, yet I keep on getting error that the worksheet is not found. 

Is there a way to make the action work with dynamic fields? or an alternative solution?

Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wael 

Good question.

Perhaps the “(2)” is causing the issue?

Can you confirm with screenshots that the GSheet you are trying to use has a Worksheet tab named exactly as shown?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Wael 

The New File trigger would return the title of the file. So, if you’ve uploaded a new spreadsheet it would return the title of the spreadsheet. Not the individual worksheets in that spreadsheet. 

If it helps, generally the default worksheet id for a spreadsheet is 0 (only true for the first worksheet on a google sheet)

Hey @Troy Tessalone  

Thanks to your view, I noticed that I using the incorrect title that refers to the worksheet name and not the file. Here below the update version of the Zap.

Hi @GetUWired 

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, the file is an excel (csv) conversation to google sheets when uploaded to the drive and I think that is the reason your solution didn’t work. I saw a previous conversation with your solution and had already tried it. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Wael, our Transfer feature may help you accomplish your end goal. Let me know if I’m on the right track with this!