Best answer

Filter not working?

• 31 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I've a zap of 3 parts, a google sheet to get data, a filter, and a discord to post a message to.

The filter states, if ‘text’ does not contain, and i placed ‘1’, do no continue to post. Yet this isn't working and the bot just posts.

Would appreciate help.

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 1 November 2020, 15:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Can you please navigate to https://zapier.com/app/history and share a screenshot of the task where the filter doesn’t work once it’s turned on please?

It should look like this 

Userlevel 1

Interesting, here it is with different values:

This gives me a hint as to what to do but would still love to read what you have to say about it to make it as modular as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One thing to note is that when you’re building your zap, the filter you apply will only tell you if the value would or wouldn’t have passed. 

It doesn’t stop you from passing it on to the next step to continue building it, the filter is only applied when you turn your zap on.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 1

the filter is only applied when you turn your zap on.

That was exactly the issue.

Testing it in editor vs actually turning on zap and testing it outside gave different results.

Thanks Andy!