Skip to main content

I am trying to take data from a sales sequence in Apollo and create new account/contact records in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to populate my Phone Calls list in Dynamics without doing all the data entry manually in Dynamics. 

I have been able to get Zapier to successfully create a new account record or a new contact record in Dynamics; however, I can’t seem to get this to happen in 1 continuous workflow (eg. take the contact details & their organization info from apollo to create 1 complete record in dynamics). Secondly, I can’t seem to get the account name to populate in Dynamics, no matter what different ways I’ve tried to map this field. The last thing is that I had filled in the details in Zapier to create a follow-up activity in Dynamics but this never seems to populate on the record in Dynamics. 

Should I be approaching this entire zap differently? What is the best way to try and accomplish this? 

Hi @sacton777 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types.

Elaborate about which steps and fields you are having trouble configuring.

Include any encountered errors as screenshots.

Hi @sacton777 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types.

Elaborate about which steps and fields you are having trouble configuring.

Include any encountered errors as screenshots.

I have posted screenshots below. I am guessing that the account name field is not populating as I probably have to create the account record in dynamics FIRST as it wants to lookup the information from an existing account record...which doesn’t work because I am creating the contact first...so I think I probably have to revisit the entire sequence of this workflow instead of doing it this way...

@sacton777

The Zap step 2 screenshots do not show the “Account Name” field and how that is configured.

Generally, logic is to create from the higher objects (e.g. Accounts) to the lower objects (e.g. Contacts), and link the records using the internal app record IDs.

@sacton777

The Zap step 2 screenshots do not show the “Account Name” field and how that is configured.

Generally, logic is to create from the higher objects (e.g. Accounts) to the lower objects (e.g. Contacts), and link the records using the internal app record IDs.

What do I need to do to show you how the Account Name Field is configured? 

I had also tried to start building it this way, but I can’t find the right field to pull the contact name info from apollo to map into dynamics

@sacton777 

If you are trying to use separate Zap trigger events from Apollo, then either:

• The Account record would also need to include info about the related Contacts
    • If so, then you may be able to use this Zap action: Apollo - Find Contact
  • The Contact record would also need to include info about the relate Account
  • OR you may have to add a Delay to the Contact Zap, then try to find the Account that was created in Dynamics to then update the Dynamics Contact record to link the Contact to the Account