Question

Featured Media Upload Issue in WordPress: No Option to Set Custom Value for Media when creating a Post

• 28 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, i’ve followed the two step process to upload media to wordpress, and create a post in wordpress. The entire process works great, but my featured media always shows up as 0 and therefore my featured image does not get associated wit the post. 

I followed the instructions here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-wordpress#add-a-custom-featured-image-to-your-wordpress-post

The problem is that it appears things have changed and there is no longer an option in create posts to set the featured media to “use a custom value”. If I instead select “upload media in wordpress” and I try using the id, the link, or any other field, it doesn’t work.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @AllYourTech,

We're glad to have you here in the community! 🎉

After reviewing the screenshot you provided, it appears that the ID mapping in the "Create Post" action is correct. Have you tried publishing the Zap to see if it resolves the issue?

Please keep us updated on the status of the issue. 😊