Skip to main content
Question

Failed Zendesk Sell lead from Calendly

• 30 May 2024
  • 9 replies

After using the template to create a lead in Zendesk Sell when a Calednly invite is created, I keep getting the following error message:

Failed to create a lead in Zendesk Sell

The app returned "request is forbidden"

I have followed all the troubleshooting prompts, including paying for all the subscriptions needed. What else can I do to know what is causing this error so I can fix it and get the Zap working?

Thank you for your prompt reply!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JTWatkin 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types/descriptions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JTWatkin 

You can redact any sensitive info.

Thank you, I sent the additional redacted screenshots, I believe it is under review. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JTWatkin 

It may take a while to get reviewed.

Perhaps record and share a Loom.com video instead.

Great suggestion, I was able to get the Zap working but not with the fields I would really want. 

Background, the Calednly link is for a round robin schedule, so each invite is assigned to one of two employees. I then want the lead in Zendesk Sell to also assign the lead to the user on the event. There is a place under ‘owner’ to add this variable, however that seems to be what is causing the error from Sell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JTWatkin 

Not able to view the Loom

Updated access, you should be able to see it now

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JTWatkin 

Owner field expects a number value as indicated by the 123 icon.

Help article about using dynamic variables in dropdowns: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JTWatkin 

You’ll likely need to add a step to first Find the Person/Contact, then map the returned ID.