Question

Failed to schedule a delay: Could not calculate a proper release_at date.

• 22 April 2023
  • 3 replies

in my work my clients book appointment to in my google drive calendar. and I am sending files to my editor for editing.

i want to set up and Zapier that creates a folder in a google shared drive when the apointment begins. 

the issue I have is with the delay 

I do not understand what I am doing wrong

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Morten 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having issues with your Zap.

As per checking the screenshots you sent, it looks like the issue could be related to this:

From the help text, the field “Time Delayed For (Value)” is looking for a specific duration. Example, “60” minutes. While the “Time Delayed For (Unit)” field is looking for the time measurement. Example, 60 “minutes.”

Try changing the value input on the fields and let me know how it goes.

Hi @Morten 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry that you’re having issues with your Zap.

As per checking the screenshots you sent, it looks like the issue could be related to this:

From the help text, the field “Time Delayed For (Value)” is looking for a specific duration. Example, “60” minutes. While the “Time Delayed For (Unit)” field is looking for the time measurement. Example, 60 “minutes.”

Try changing the value input on the fields and let me know how it goes.

then it would create folder example 3 weeks before the job should be done instead of the day the job is actually done? 
or am i missing something

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Morten 

That’s correct. “Delay by Zapier” is intended to be used to delayed the action that follows. For example, you want to delay sending an email after the Zap was triggered.

You may check here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288754829-Add-delays-to-Zaps

Let me know if you have other questions.