Question

Failed to find a task in ClickUp The app returned "Team not authorized"

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello !

I am trying a lot of things since 3 hours but nothing is working good.

This is what I want : When I achieved an task on Google Tasks, this task need to change statue to “done” in ClickUp.

You need to know already have a zap where when I create a task, the same task is automatically created in Clickup.

My problem is I can’t find the good task. I need to find the task in Clickup that I have achieved in Google Tasks, then I will update this task. This is just find this task I don’t arrive.

I try with the "Find task by ID" or "Find task by Custom filed" but nothing is working.

All time I have this error : Failed to find a task in ClickUp The app returned "Team not authorized".

I don’t have this error just one time when i do that :

But at this time, this don’t take the good task.

Please help me.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Flo-MonFeedback 

For the ClickUp Find Task by ID option, the Task ID expects the ClickUp ID to search by, instead of the GTasks Task Title.

A different approach would be to use a Lookup Table:

You would log the GTask ID and the related ClickUp Task ID into a lookup table to use to then find the ClickUp Task ID for a given GTask ID.

Hi Troy and thanks for your help

Ok so how I resolve this problem ?

I need to use lookup table necessarily ?

I am trying

Hi @Flo-MonFeedback 

For the ClickUp Find Task by ID option, the Task ID expects the ClickUp ID to search by, instead of the GTasks Task Title.

You would log the GTask ID and the related ClickUp Task ID into a lookup table to use to then find the ClickUp Task ID for a given GTask ID.

The problem i I can’t put a ClickUp Id :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Flo-MonFeedback 

Try implementing a Lookup Table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Flo-MonFeedback 

Try using a GSheet as the Lookup Table.

Whenever you create a Task in ClickUp, you can add a row to the GSheet with these values:

• GTask Task ID
  • Clickup Task ID

Whenever you complete a GTask, you can add a step: GSheet Lookup Row, to find the GTask Task ID, which will return the ClickUp Task ID.