Best answer

Failed to find a task in Asana: Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search

• 5 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to assign someone to an existing task in an existing project in asana. The project template is exactly the same, and there will be multiple projects so I am trying to use the ‘find project’ step to find the project, then find the existing task within that project, then update the found task but I keep getting errors. What am I doing wrong?

This is how I *want* the zap to be setup: 

I can search for the custom project based on the trigger which is great, see below: 

I’m then trying to search for the specific tasks WITHIN that custom project search that already exist and this is the error I’m getting: 

I then want to update that task that I find as completed but because the search for task isn’t finding the task ID, I can’t do this. 

I then I want to repeat the search and update for a second task in the same project. 

Any help is appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by amyhart 5 July 2023, 07:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I ended up figuring out that it was picking up the wrong project - hence why nothing was being found. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @amyhart,

Awesome! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊