Best answer

Failed to find a spreadsheet rows in Google Sheets

• 7 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi, 

I have a Config excel where I placed the Worksheet Name of another Google Sheet. So Zapier read the Config excel and dynamically pass the Sheet Name every time. Issue is  Zapier is able to read the sheet name correctly but saying could not find the sheet. 

Please help to understand where is the issue.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 September 2023, 16:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

Have you changed the google sheet name (at the bottom) at all? Added a space or removed something?

I checked that one. Both are exactly same and no extra spaces. Infact, if I try with different sheet name, it is throwing error for other sheets too.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

You’ve probably already checked but have you updated the names in the zap as well?

In the Zap, I am passing the sheet name in Custom

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Riga,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

You must select the Worksheet name in the “Worksheet” dropdown field for the Zap to use the Worksheet. Ensure that this Worksheet exists in the account linked to the Google Sheets step.

Additionally, you have the option to input the Worksheet ID as a custom value in the "Worksheet" field.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi Ken, 

I want to send different sheet names every time. So not choosing from the Worksheet drop down.

Instead passing it as a value through Custom. Please find below (Formatted Rows COL A).

Could you please explain more about Worksheet ID. Can we use Worksheet ID when sending sheet names dynamically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Riga 

The Worksheet field expects the Worksheet ID.

If you look at the dropdown list of options, the field expects the bottom numerical value for each option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Riga 

Help article to reference:

Hi Troy,

I got it now. I will try with the mentioned example.

Thank You :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Riga,

That’s awesome! Glad to hear Troy was able to point you in the correct direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗