Best answer

Failed to find a record in Salesforce: Nothing could be found for the search.

• 28 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

NEW TO ZAPIER.

We are trying to connect salesforce and quickbooks to send an invoice when an opportunity is marked as closed won.

I am able to get the trigger to fire when an opp stage moves to closed won but I have no way of mapping the Account in Salesforce to the Account in Quickbooks. I am trying to find the account Record in sfdc but am unsure what to put in the Search Value as the only thing that appears is the ID from the opp in step 1. 

Once we have the SFDC Account we will then map that to the QB Customer in step 3. Is this the correct idea?

Would love any feedback

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 November 2023, 00:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jvolk 

Good question.

Make sure Opportunities are linked to Accounts in Salesforce.

Make sure to select an example record from the Zap trigger step to use to configure your Zap actions.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured along with the returned records data?

The Salesforce Object ID from Step 1 looks to be a default ID of 1, which may be due to skipping the test.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I am not sure why it is saying test skipped. I must be missing something obvious. Above are the screenshots of the trigger 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jvolk 

Try changing a record in Salesforce that matches the Zap trigger step configured conditions.

Then click the [Find new records] button.

Userlevel 1

Ahh yes this looks better

Now in my Find Record in Salesforce to get the account, should i be searching by account name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jvolk 

Field to Search By: ID

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Getting an error when testing that step

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jvolk 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap step 2 ‘Action’ section is configured.

This combo will result in an error.

Need to change this...

Field to Search By: ID

Userlevel 1

Oh duh, that makes sense haha. Thank you! it looks like that now works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for following up here to confirm it’s working now @jvolk - it’s much appreciated! 🤗

And a big thank you to @Troy Tessalone for assisting with this - great work as always! 👏👏👏

Do reach out again if you run into any further issues at all. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡