Question

Failed to find a column value in monday.com: Cannot read property 'column_values' of undefined”

• 30 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m trying to update a field in Monday when the related Opportunity in Salesforce changes. 

In Monday, I have the following columns:

• Item Name = Opportunity Name
  • Stage = stage of the opportunity
  • Zap ID = Salesforce opportunity record ID (a unique ID from Salesforce)

In the Zap, the trigger is “Updated Record in Salesforce” and looks for a change to the Opportunity

In the following action of “Get Item by Column Value in Monday.com”, I have the following Actions set up:

• Board ID = my monday.com board
  • Column to Search In = “Zap Id” (from columns listed above)
  • Zap ID = “Salesforce opportunity record ID”

When I test this step, it returns the error “

Failed to find a column value in monday.com

Cannot read property 'column_values' of undefined”

In my Monday board, I have the SF opportunity record ID in the Zap ID column of the zap I’m testing. I can’t figure out why I keep getting this error. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cfalcone01 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

for a moment, I was able to run a successful test > then I ran another test after adding the last action and got the same error again. Here are screenshots of my Zaps…

Overview of entire Zap flow:

​​​

Detailed view of Step 4 where the “Records ID” is the unique ID in Salesforce that also lives in the column titled “Zap ID” in my monday board

Detailed view of step 5 where Zap ID is the column in my Monday board that contains the SF Opp Product Record ID

The reason I use a Loop is because multiple products can live within the “Opportunity Product” object that sits on the Salesforce Opportunity. Each Opportunity Product has it’s own unique ID (Opp Product Record ID) that I have in the Monday.com board column titled “Zap ID”

Userlevel 1
Badge

now when I run the test for “Get Items by Column Values” I get this error:

Failed to find a column value in monday.com

Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

Can you confirm with proof via screenshots that the value used in the Zap step to test finding an Item has a matching Monday Board Item with that value?