Best answer

Failed to fetch a lead from Facebook Lead Ads

Userlevel 1

Hi - 

I’m setting up a zap to create new ActiveCampaign contacts from Facebook Lead Ads - but I can’t get past the part of the setup where I test the Facebook lead ad trigger. All my info is set up correctly as far as I can see. I tried creating a test lead using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool - and that seemed to work but then when I go back to testing it in the Zap, it won’t work. 

Screen shot attached.

FYI I’ve sent in a help desk request but haven’t head back yet so thought to try the community!

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 15 July 2022, 02:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MindfulMomma 

Good question.

Error: "Could not pull a sample lead"

Last updated: April 01, 2021

Symptoms

You may see this error when testing the Facebook Lead Ads New Lead trigger: "EmptyLeadSample".

Causes

The connected Facebook Lead Ads account doesn't have any recent new leads.

How to fix it

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi there @MindfulMomma ,

I see that Shane from the Support Team did get back to you. As he pointed out, this is a bug that popped up on Facebook’s end this week.

In addition, I want to make sure you and everybody knows that this shouldn’t affect your ability to set up a Zap. You can skip testing the trigger and just complete setting up the Zap using the sample static data.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Userlevel 1

Thanks - my Zap is suddenly working today and it looks like the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool is working again too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MindfulMomma Thanks for letting us know! We’re so glad things are working for you again. 🙂