Best answer

Failed to create an upload file in Google Drive 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Userlevel 1

Hello

I try to upload a Gmail attachement to a Google Drive. I have first setup a ‘New attachement in Gmail’ trigger, which works (and tests) fine.

Then I try to upload the attachement to a Google drive, but this fails with the error 

Failed to create an upload file in Google Drive

'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

These are my settings:

What is wrong with this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 December 2022, 23:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mathias!

Hmm, I’m not 100% sure why it isn’t working but it could be because the ‘Convert to Document’ field is set to yes, but the filename has an .xlsx extension. In other words, you’re asking Google to convert it to Google Sheets while also telling it that it should be an Excel file.

If you’d like to store the file as an Excel file, change Convert to Document field to No, if you’d like to convert it to a Google Sheet, try a different file name that doesn’t have a file extension on the end. 

Could you give that a go and see if it fixes the problem? Let us know how you get on!

Userlevel 3

We have the same problem with all of our Zapps, the Google Drive connection isn’t working properly anymore.

We also get the error: ‘The app returned "Sorry... body { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; background-color: #fff; color: #000; }GoogleSorry...We're sorry...... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect...".’

Convert to document field has always been set to ‘yes’.

Please help, our system is offline atm :(

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have the same issue with 3 different clients @Danvers. It started from yesterday.

In one case we only re-upload file to another folder so there is no way it’s a set up issue.

We’d love to have it fixed today as one client relies on the workflow on daily basis.

We started having same issue as the two mentioned above about two days ago. We have also received “ The app returned "Error 502 (Server Error)!!1". And then started getting errors where Zapier stated on testing the zap that the upload file attachment wouldnt work, so Zapier support  suggested we update the sample being used. It worked on some, not on others. Today we are now having the both the errors above as well.

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody

Yeah I also got different errors, like the error 502 and the one related to automated queries.

It’s fixed for me, I just choose another filename (like ‘test’), saved, than changed back to the filename of the attachement, and it works. Don’t know for how long though.

but it could be because the ‘Convert to Document’ field is set to yes, but the filename has an .xlsx extension. In other words, you’re asking Google to convert it to Google Sheets while also telling it that it should be an Excel file.

This isn’t wrong as extensions don’t matter in Google Drive, you can easily have a Google Docs file named Untitled.docx or a Spreadsheet Untitled.xlsx.

As said, it now works again, but as other people are experiencing the same issues on Google Drive uploads, I don’t know how long it will.

Thanks for the help and for looking into it @Danvers 

Userlevel 3

I also got a lot of different error messages like 502 but the main problem is Google Drive not accepting my automated requests anymore. I recreated the flow, changed the input, file name and folder location and it is now working again. But I don’t know for how long…. It doesn’t look like a permanent fix

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing all the above issues with Google Drive.

Please post any other workarounds people find as this is proving to be a massive issue for our business.

Userlevel 3

Changing the filename, even with 1 character difference, will fix the issue (for now)

Userlevel 1

Changing the filename, even with 1 character difference, will fix the issue (for now)

This worked for me, thanks so much was driving me insane. 

Userlevel 1

We have the same problem with all of our Zapps, the Google Drive connection isn’t working properly anymore.

We also get the error: ‘The app returned "Sorry... body { font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif; background-color: #fff; color: #000; }GoogleSorry...We're sorry...... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect...".’

Convert to document field has always been set to ‘yes’.

Please help, our system is offline atm :(

I am having this same error.  The weirdest thing is I had 6 of the same kind of trigger in a row about 10 minutes apart, and 4 of the 6 had this error, but 2 didn’t.  It’s also holding up our ordering system which is really not great on our end!

Userlevel 1

Pretty sure this is related to: 

Seems it’s a Google Drive bug.

Anyone find a working solution to this yet? Maybe I didn’t follow the steps correctly, but changing the filename did not resolve the issue for me. Please advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ALF 

Check the Zapier Status page incidents: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check the Zapier Status page incidents for an ongoing issue related to GDrive: https://status.zapier.com/#incidents-list

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends. Popping into confirm what @Stacey and @Troy Tessalone mentioned in that the team has identified this as a high-priority bug and actively looking into a solution. 😔

It looks like most of ya’ll we’re already added to the report as impacted user! While I don’t have an ETA on a fix, this will ensure you’re emailed once that does take place. 

We do have a main thread I wanted to point ya’ll too since this is where we’ll be making any updates.

That being said, I’ll be closing this topic down for comments but please feel free to subscribe to that 👆🏽thread.
I’m so sorry this is happening and hopefully we’ll have an update to share with everyone soon!