Best answer

Failed to create an updated invoice in QuickBooks OnlineObject Not Found: Object Not Found

• 2 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi. I’m trying to update invoice in Quickbooks but keep getting this error:

“Failed to create an updated invoice in QuickBooks Online

Object Not Found: Object Not Found : Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.”

icon

Best answer by Santeri 3 July 2023, 21:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Santeri 

Good question.

The QBO error is indicating:

Something you're trying to use has been made inactive.
Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.

Check the values being used for those fields when testing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Santeri 

Good question.

The QBO error is indicating:

Something you're trying to use has been made inactive.
Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.

Check the values being used for those fields when testing.

All the values are correct as far as I’m concerned. Have been trying to all kinds of combinations with no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Santeri 

GSearch returned this help article: https://help.servicetitan.com/problem-solution/quickbooks-online-error-object-not-found-something-youre-trying-to-use-has

QuickBooks Online Error “Object Not Found Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees” Last updated on 05/12/2023

This article explains the steps to resolve the error “Object Not Found Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees”.

Problem

I use QuickBooks Online and I am receiving the export error “Object Not Found Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees”.

Solution

The error message is saying that something in QB is inactive and advises that you check the fields with Accounts, Customers, Items, Vendors or Employees to confirm that they are active.

Reactivate the inactive Account, Customer, Item, Vendor, or Employee in QBO

To reactivate inactive Accounts: 
  1. Click on Accounts > Chart of Accounts.

SPT 846.1

2. Click on Settings (the gear icon) > click on Include Inactive.

SPT 846.11
  3. Inactive Accounts will show in the Actions column.

4. Once you identify the inactive Account, select the account you want to reactivate and click the Make active link.

5. Re-export from ServiceTitan. 

To check for inactive Customers:

1. Select Sales from the menu.

SPT 846.2
  2. Select Customers at the top.

3. At the top of the customer list, click the small gear and select Include Inactive.

SPT 846.3
  4. Inactive Customers will show in the Actions column.

5. Once you identify the inactive Customer, click the Make active button next to the customer name to reactivate.

6. Re-export from ServiceTitan. 

To check for inactive Items:
  1. Go to the Gear icon, then select Products and services.

SPT 846.4
  2. Click the funnel icon.

3. Select Inactive under Status and click Apply.

SPT 846.5
  4. Inactive Items will show in the Actions column.

5. Once you identify the inactive Item, click Make active under the Action column to reactivate it.

To check for inactive Vendors:
  1. Go to the Expenses tab and select Vendors.

SPT 646.6
  2. From the small Gear icon, select Include inactive.

SPT 846.7
  3. Search the vendor in the search bar.

SPT 846.8
  4. Inactive Vendors will show in the Actions column.

5. Once you identify the inactive Vendor, click Make active to reactivate. 

To check for inactive Employees:
  1. In the All Employees drop-down, select Inactive Employees.

2. Inactive Employees will show. 

SPT 846.10
  3. Once you identify the inactive Employee, click Make active under the Actions column to reactivate.

4. Re-export from ServiceTitan.

Error Persists

1. If the error persists after checking for inactive items within Quickbooks moving the erroring out invoices/payments from within ServiceTitan into a new batch could also help alleviate the error. 

2. Duplicate names could be causing the error so ensure if there are inactive customers, vendors, items, employees that will not be used the name should be different of any that match in ServiceTitan that are attempting to be exported. 

3. If the above steps do not remove the error then bypassing the batch and manually creating the invoice/payment would be the best option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Troy and others,

Finally I got it work. And the result is quite embarrassing. When I tried to update the invoice I used the doc number value to search for the invoice. After doing some manual testing I figured that I have to use the ID instead of the invoice number. Now works like a charm! :D

Love,
Santeri

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Santeri,

Awesome! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊