Best answer

Failed to create an updated contact in Google Contacts Requested entity was not found.

• 8 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am trying to update a contact that currently only has a first name, and add a last name. I have all of my steps working until the very last step when it goes to update. I’m attaching screenshots. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 December 2023, 15:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @LegacyVault! 👋

Thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots, it looks like you’re super close on this! You’ll just want to update that Contact field to use the Original Id field, instead of the ID field:
3d7cac897935fac34cbda28ed343c771.png

The reason for that is that the ID field also contains a date/time value for the last time the contact was updated, not just the contact’s ID. But the Original Id field just contains the ID for the contact. 

Can you try selecting that other field instead and let us know if that then allows you to update the contact?

Userlevel 1

I had the same problem and after using OriginalID instead of the ID I got it to work

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @MikhailVecado! Thank you for sharing that using the “Original ID” worked!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗