Question

Failed to create an issue in Jira Software Cloud: Unable to create issue: {"reporter":"Specify a valid value for reporter"}

• 9 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I have set up a Zap that when a new row has been created in Google sheet, to trigger creation of a new Jira issues.

But I have some problems

1, First is that it only update when I manually click on Publish, it did not update instantly as it is expected

2, As the image below, I choose the variables from the column in Google Sheets, but it does not accept it. Why did it happen and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Here is what I input
And here is the error

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

The last run was 1hr ago when I the first created it

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Nguyen Tuan Ngoc 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Based on your provided information, the Zap isn’t triggering data from Google Sheets. Hence the reason why the Zap doesn’t have Zap runs.

That said, could you confirm that there are data from Google Sheets that were supposed to trigger the Zap from when it was turned on?

A screenshot would be very helpful. (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Actually, there are 2 separated problems:

1. It does not accept dynamical value as the image I shown above
  2. It does not automatically create issue as the video below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Err4-nTdVDpT6SFe5TU5yu5Ak7a60T6K/view?usp=share_link

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Nguyen Tuan Ngoc,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I took a look at the screenshot you provided, and it seems like the problem is with the mapped custom value on the “Reporter” field. From what I can see, the “Reporter” field is looking for the User ID.

Here's my suggestion: you can try adding a “Find User” action before the “Create Issue” action and map the User ID from the “Find User” step to the “Reporter” field in the “Create Issue” step. Here's what it would look like:

fb2f82ffbe0ad7ec18cdd3f806befab0.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 😊