Question

Failed to create an invoice in Stax: The app returned "422"

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I am creating a zap that triggers when a new row is created in Google Sheets. The action is that a new invoice should be created in Stax. 

I had trouble finding the customer in Stax, so I created a search step to find the customer (may be unnecessary?). So the zap is currently: Trigger (new row in sheets), Search for customer in Stax, Create invoice in stax. 

I cannot get the final step to execute properly - I keep getting error code 422, which has something to do with the customer ID. The customer is getting found properly in the search step, but in the invoice creation step, something is off and I cannot figure it out. I have tried pulling the customer by the Customer ID created in Stax, customer name, company name, etc. Nothing works. Does anyone have suggestions?

2 replies

I found the solution. The error code 422 was being returned because a line item within Stax did not match exactly with the line item I was sending from Google Sheets. When I fixed that issue, the error code resolved.

However, now that I have published my Zap, it is not automatically triggering based on new rows being added in Google Sheets. I am hoping this is a simpler solution that I am just overlooking. Why would the zap not be instantly triggering based on new rows being addd in Google Sheets, as I have set up the trigger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TMAZaps,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m glad to hear you were able to find a solution for the 422 error.

Regarding your question about the Zap not triggering, if your Google Sheets trigger stops working suddenly, first check if you’ve accidentally inserted a blank row anywhere in the spreadsheet. Zapier interprets a blank row as the end of the spreadsheet and may have trouble finding any new rows below it.

More about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533-Common-Problems-with-Google-Sheets-on-Zapier

Hopefully, this helps.