Best answer

Failed to create an enrollment in Thinkific: Error from halted execution

• 4 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Hello,

I’m having an issue when setting up a basic enrollment drip between courses.

My issue seems to do with not having expiring dates on courses.

When I go to test the step: Enroll User In Thinkific I keep getting the error message and see the expiry date as flagged as the source.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 January 2024, 05:58

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @YT-Jenn 

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@YT-Jenn 

For the Expiry Date field, the mapped dynamic variable from step 1 has “No data” meaning there is no value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@YT-Jenn 

Also, check to make sure there aren’t extra spaces after the mapped variables for these 3 fields.

@YT-Jenn

For the Expiry Date field, the mapped dynamic variable from step 1 has “No data” meaning there is no value.

Thanks for the response but unsure what the resolution is here? Do we need to have an expire date on a course in order for this to work?

I also double checked and there are no additional spaces from what I can tell on the mapped variables.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@YT-Jenn 

I recommend testing with an Expiration Date field value to determine if that field is causing the error.

Hi @Troy Tessalone.

I’ve added an expiration for the first course in the bundle and this does not seem to resolve the issue.

Jenn

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@YT-Jenn 

You may have to try processes of elimination to determine which field(s) are causing the error.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue.

Figured it out though. Thinkific is extorting people for this capability.

“Actions are available on our Grow plan and higher. They allow you to send information in as well as out. For example, you can create a new user in your Thinkific account using an Action in Zapier.

So if you have Basic plan, you have to fork OVER $1,330 annually to be able to create users with a zap. 
I wish I was kidding as I just built out my order forms and upsells all the way to creating the user in thinkific and now I am completely blocked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mindfulguy 

Help articles from Zapier and Thinkific that cover the requirements for using Thinkific in Zaps.

https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033132114-Working-with-Zapier

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496043846285-How-to-get-started-with-Thinkific-on-Zapier

I have the same issue.

Figured it out though. Thinkific is extorting people for this capability.

“Actions are available on our Grow plan and higher. They allow you to send information in as well as out. For example, you can create a new user in your Thinkific account using an Action in Zapier.

So if you have Basic plan, you have to fork OVER $1,330 annually to be able to create users with a zap. 
I wish I was kidding as I just built out my order forms and upsells all the way to creating the user in thinkific and now I am completely blocked. 

Thanks probably saved me hours to try and figure it out. Thinkific ridiculous for that. Fair enough if they didn’t want to offer it on the Free or Basic plan but could have at least provided it on the Start plan!