Best answer

Failed to create an email in Microsoft Outlook

  • 30 June 2023
  • 7 replies
  • 214 views

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to setup an automation that sends out an inspection report from Safety Culture everytime one is completed.

 

I believe I have all fields correct, but when I try to test the task I receive the error below. 

 

While requesting "dev_file" from SafetyCulture we ran into an error: The app returned "None".

 

Searched in the topics and didn’t find much that helped me out. Was curious if I could get assistance to this issue?

icon

Best answer by Acopeland 13 July 2023, 16:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Acopeland 

Good question.

The file objects Zapier creates for files are temp files that expire.

Try pulling in fresh data from Step 4.

Then test Step 5 again.

 

Troy,

 

I have the same issue.  I did what you suggested (several times) and still get the same bad result.

 

Thom

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Thomegunn,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Since Troy mentioned this:

The file objects Zapier creates for files are temp files that expire.

Have you tried skipping the action step by clicking on “Skip test” and then publishing the Zap? After that, you could trigger it to see if the same error occurs. It might be worth a shot!

Let us know how it goes. 😊

Userlevel 1

Tried pulling in fresh data and even published zap and tried re rerunning test, but still got the same error code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Acopeland,

Thanks for trying that out.

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like we might need to add a Delay by Zapier step. Here’s what our notes says about this:

The report needs time to fully process before the file can be accessed. This can be resolved by adding a Delay step between Start Inspection Report Export and Get Exported Inspection Report steps. This user had one (at 5 minutes), which was not long enough. You may need to try longer.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Found the solution.

 

The issue was in step 3 of the filtering.

 

I used the condition text matches exactly instead of text contains.

I’m assuming the reports all have a different/unique identifier, so the exact condition would not work in this case.

Changed that, tested it, and I’m now receiving automated E-mails as intended.

 

Images attached to show what I’m talking about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Acopeland,

That’s great news! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted! 

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Reply